Thursday, September 19, 2013

Cinderella Continues!

 

Cinderella is a trilogy!  I only recently discovered the existence of Cinderella II and Cinderella III after reading "Dopey's Legacy: Stereotypical Portrayals of Intellectual Disability in the Classic Animated Films" by Karen Schwartz, Zana Marie Lutfiyya and Nancy Hansen.  These latter two films are likely not as popular as the first, given that I only recently learned about them, but I'm always excited to add a Disney movie to my watch list!  The two films portray Cinderella's life after she has married the prince and transitioned into royalty.  Part of me wants to leave the "happily ever after" part of Cinderella's life up to my imagination, but it would be interesting to see what Disney has thought up and I don't doubt that it will be entertaining.  If you've seen these movies, let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen either of these, but since you didn't know about them I was wondering if you knew that The Little Mermaid is also a trilogy. I have seen both of those sequels and although they are not as good as the first, I still enjoyed them both. I especially liked the third because it is the story of Ariel as a child so it finally explains what happened to her mother. You should definitely check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that there is also a Lion King 2 and a Lion King 1 & 1/2! As a general observation, I don't think that any of the Disney sequels are as popular as the original films, but nonetheless I am interested in seeing all of them eventually. It's always exciting to discover new Disney films that are just waiting to be watched!

    ReplyDelete